According to the majority - Neither!
43% of Toy shop owners think that sites like Twitter or Facebook are useful to their business, whilst the remaining 57% of respondents suggest that they are a pretty pointless, or have never used either. Are they missing out on an opportunity here? After all - they are both effectively free, and could be a great way of introducing new customers to their wares, whilst building a relationship with their customers, and strengthening the brand awareness.
We love facebook
At Toyday, we actively use facebook as a tool for our customers to see the more personable side of Toyday. After all, life is about much more than just work - that's why we sell toys!
Although relatively new to facebook, we have found it a great place to 'meet' our customers, engage in some conversation and interact with each other by sharing photos and experiences. It's also a great place for us to offer savings and discounts to our most valued customers.
Unlike many limited feedback schemes, like you would find on Ebay or Amazon which just allow a customer to rate the seller or products with a few stars and a brief comment, facebook offers customers the opportunity to get more involved, and share as much or as little as they wish, with the chance to upload videos, and photos, which is not possible with a website, without cluttering it up and making it difficult for customers to buy.
Whats all this twittering about?
Twitter, on the other hand, although we signed up for and have a few followers, I just don't get it! Maybe one day it will all make sense, but for now I'll just accept that I just don't understand the value in my or anyone's little tweets, so that people can "act accordingly"!
Maybe I am totally missing the point - if so, someone please enlighten me and tell me what I've been missing!!?
Welcome to toys-toys-toys.co.uk
Welcome to toys-toys-toys.co.uk, the official toyday blog where you will find craft projects to make, local news from our shops, toy reviews, interesting toy facts, games and other toy news.
Articles baby toys bath toys best sellers Best toys for a ... Christmas Collectables Competitions Craft Projects craft toys crafts dolls Easter toys ebay Educational facebook free craft projects free toys games How to Make... How to Play... In the Press Interesting Toy Facts Latest Additions letter name trains Looe Magic tricks manic monday On the TV paper toys Party Bags Party Ideas paypal plush toys Poll Results Practical jokes Product Instructions Puzzles Retro Special Offers stocking fillers tin toys Totnes Toy History Toy Reviews Toy Shop Windows Toyday Top 10 Toys Toyday Toyshop News toyday voucher codes traditional toys twitter Vintage wooden toys work experience Xmas
Monday, 15 March 2010
Wednesday, 10 March 2010
Whilst watching a documentary on bears I started wondering, why do we buy each other teddy bears? It seems strange that an animal referred to as a grizzly can be such a popular toy. You hear all these story's of mauling yet this doesn't seem to lessen the cuteness of the teddy bear, the two animals don't even seem to be linked. It seems the teddy bear is a species of its own!!
The fascination with bears apparently started with politics in 1902 when Theodore Roosevelt was on a hunting trip. The hunters caught and tied up an exhausted bear for him to shoot but he refused deeming it unsportsman like. This led to a political cartoon in the Washington Post.
The cartoons gradually got cuter and this soon inspired the creation of the teddy bear toy. We've all heard of Steiff which are still going strong today, making the most beautiful bears.
All the cartoons, films and TV shows must have added to popularity of the teddy bear. Who doesn't love Rupert the Bear, Paddington bear and Winnie the Pooh, to name just a few. With new successful businesses such as Build a Bear Workshop the craze doesn't look like ending any time soon.
If you have ever turned the whole house upside down looking for your child's favourite teddy you'll know the hold these toys have over us. After all, what would a world be with out the cuddly cute teddy bear.
Puppets have been used as entertainment since Greek Theatre began. Puppetry is a huge part of ancient theatre and has been used through...
I received a lovely letter this morning from the year 1 pupils at Highters Heath Community School in Birmingham, that are currently studying...
My favorite part about new years eve is dressing up in costumes with all my friends! So if you or your children are going invited to a new y...
The concept of toys developed through a basic need to develop the skills children needed for life, much the same as kittens play fight to pr...
- ► 2014 (49)
- ► 2013 (117)
- ► 2012 (99)
- ► 2011 (96)
- ▼ 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (35)